A MALPAS couple who met at a dance in the Jubilee Hall will celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary at the same venue.
Bunny and Elaine Williams were married on October 30 1948 at St Oswald’s Church in Malpas, and will celebrate the milestone with family and friends on November 1.
Bernard 80, always known as Bunny, was born in Iscoyd, while Elaine 81, was born in Malpas.
When they met, Bunny worked at Goodwins Parkley Dairies at Iscoyd.
Mrs Williams spent all her working life at A Hughes & Co egg company in Malpas, while Mr Williams also worked for Huxleys Builders in Malpas before working as a postman for 40 years in Malpas and Whitchurch.
They have two sons, Tony, a painter and decorator in Malpas, and Graham, who has vehicle workshop there.
They also have a daughter-in-law Anne, two grandchildren and three great grandchildren and a granddaughter and grandson in law.
Mr Williams is a long-standing member of Malpas Bowling Club, where he was also a former groundsman, and Mrs Williams is also a former member.
They lived at Well Avenue before moving to their current home in St Oswald’s Close.