COMPANIES across Halton took swift action to check for contamination of products by the cancer causing dye Sudan 1 after the national alert.
And Halton council has issued an assurance that just one product destined for school canteens in Halton was discovered and removed immediately before being served up to children.
The focus switched last week from major retailers to smaller businesses, some of which were found to be slow to respond to the warnings.
But the council says all retailers in Halton have been carrying out checks of their stock and products on an Foods Standards Agency (FSA) risk list have been removed from sale.
Concerns about the lack of information issued to smaller retailers by the FSA were voiced last week after initial warnings were posted on the internet.
But more than 50% of people in Britain are believed not to have internet access.
Now, organisations like Stockport-based call management company Capital 21 have launched national rate phone helplines to identify contaminated products.
A spokesman for the company said: 'At the moment there are an awful lot of people left sitting at home worrying whether or not they have a health timebomb ticking away in their freezers.'
A spokeswoman for Halton council said: 'In response to the food alert received by the FSA on February 21, the council sent out a letter and a list of the contaminated products. Large manufacturers in the borough that were likely to have contaminated products were contacted directly and the feedback we received shows no contaminated products have been found