VISITORS at Tattenhall’s Ice Cream farm had to be evacuated from the premises when a fire broke out.

Emergency services were called to the popular tourist spot last Thursday after a generator situated behind the outside toilets went up in flames.

Customers were ushered to safety in the main building as crews battled to put out the blaze, which was extinguished within minutes.

Despite considerable damage to the back of the farm’s house, no public areas were affected, meaning that is was business as usual the next day.

The farm’s director Jonathan Fell, who lives in the house, was full of praise for the efforts of Cheshire Fire Service.

“If it hadn’t been for the outstanding work and fast action of the Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, the main house was minutes away from going up as well,” he said.

“I am incredibly proud of all of our staff who were quick to get everyone off the site and ensure their safety.

We are also really pleased that the damage has been kept to a minimum so that we can open up again straight away and avoid any disappointment.”