A STATIC caravan and its contents – including Christmas presents – were destroyed by a blaze in Saughall yesterday (Thursday, December 23).
The fire at Astbury Villa campsite in Parkgate Road was caused by an electric heater, which had been left on by the owner when he went to work.
Chester firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 1pm.
A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Two crews attended a report of a caravan on fire in Saughall.
“On arrival they found a static caravan well alight. Firefighters used one hose reel to fight the blaze and then doused down the area with a hose reel and jet, isolating gas and electricity.”
The owner has since gone to St Helens to stay with family over Christmas.