Chester Races 2016 season continues this weekend (June 26 and 27) and racegoers will soon be flocking the city streets dressed in all their finery.
Chester is a small city and the racecourse, or the Roodee as it is known, is a short walk away from the city centre.
However, you may not want to travel travel to the event on foot, so we have put together a list of taxi ranks and private hire vehicles available in the city.
Chester Railway Station
The racecourse is only a short walk from the bus station in Chester and you would probably be better walking but on your way home you might be lucky enough to grab a cab from Princess Street.
Between Caffe Nero and Yo Sushi
Near the junction of The Kaleyards
If you don't head home straight after the races and stay in the city instead for something to eat or drink, you might also pick up a cab in some of the temporary night time ranks at:
- Chester Cross at the top of Bridge Street (11pm-5.30am)
- Outside Carluccio's on Bridge Street (8pm-5.30am)
- Lower Bridge Street (8pm-5am)
- Foregate Street (6pm-8am)
- Northgate Street (opposite Rosies (6pm-8am), near Storyhouse cultural centre (6pm-8am) or near the Co-op bank by the entrance to Abbey Green (11pm-5.30am)
- Foregate Street near Bath Street (11pm-5.30am) or outside Argos (11pm-5.30am)
- St Werburgh Street (6pm-8am)
- Eastgate Street (near the Eastgate Clock 7pm-8am)
- St John Street (11pm-5.30am)
If you are organised enough to ring up in advance and book a taxi you might want to try one of these local city centre firms
KingKabs 01244 343434
Abbey Taxis 01244 318318
And if you fancy something different, why not try Deva Tuk Tuk, which is available for pre-booked tours and rides.
Trips should be booked 24 hours in advance.
For more information about Deva Tuk Tuk, follow @DevaTukTuk on Twitter or click here.