Four football fans have been charged after allegedly shattering a minute's silence with chants said to be mocking a Wrexham supporter's tragic death.
Less than 30 seconds into a poignant tribute in memory of 266 men who died during the Gresford mining disaster in 1934, a number of Chester FC fans are said to have erupted in chants.
The family of Wrexham fan Scott Torrens, who it is believed the chanting was about, were left devastated by the incident alleged to have happened during the cross-border derby on September 22, 2014.
Officers arrested four Chester FC fans in connection with the incident in the home seating area of the Swansway Chester Stadium during the ‘bubble match’ four months ago.
A 17-year-old and 18-year-old male, both from Lache, and a 25-year-old from Blacon were arrested on suspicion of a public order offence.
A 21-year-old male from Lache was also arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and pitch invasion.
They have all since been charged and bailed to appear at Chester Magistrates Court on February 12.
More arrests are expected in the coming days, police have said.
Last year four Wrexham fans appeared in court after a unfurling a banner reading “2 dead fans and 1 dead club” directed towards Chester FC fans during a derby match at the Racecourse Stadium in 2013.
The men received a combination of bans from football grounds for up to five years, fines and curfews, after mocking two dead fans and making hanging gestures during the match.
Speaking during Thursday's operation, PC Vicki Hazlewood stressed that disruptive fans were in the minority, saying: “The majority of fans go to football matches to enjoy it with their friends, they do not want this. They are very supportive.”