Drivers using the ring road in Chester city centre each day have the second most hellish commute in Cheshire, new figures have revealed.
Research obtained by the Trinity Mirror Data Unit has revealed the 10 slowest morning A road commutes in the county during rush hour, with the eastbound A5268 ring road in Chester featuring high up on the list.
Morning speeds on the road, which was constructed in the 1960s to divert traffic from the city centre, reach only 13.6mph on average, according to the statistics from the Department for Transport.
And right behind it in third place is the A5268 westbound road, which reaches an average speed of 14.3mph during rush hour.
The slowest speed of traffic recorded was the A5019 southbound in Crewe, where cars tick along at just 13.3mph at the busiest time of day.
Surprisingly, the A483, which has caused hours of headaches for motorists at the notorious Posthouse Roundabout, only features at number five in the top 10 commutes from hell - with morning speeds on the northbound road recorded at 13.9mph.
Other roads in Cheshire West and Chester that feature in the Top 10 include the A5115 Christleton Road and the A5104 near Broughton and Saltney.
A roads across England are getting slower according to the Department of Transport with the average rush hour speed of 24.4mph in June 2014, falling slightly to 23.8mph in June 2015.
TOP TEN MORNING COMMUTES FROM HELL
Here is the full top 10 of roads, the local authority they come under, the average rush hour speed.
1. A5019 Southbound - Cheshire East - 13.3mph
2. A5268 Eastbound - Cheshire West and Chester - 13.6mph
3. A5268 Westbound - Cheshire West and Chester - 14.3mph
4. A5033 Eastbound - Cheshire East - 14.9mph
5. A483 Northbound - Cheshire West and Chester - -14.9mph
6. A5104 Eastbound - Cheshire West and Chester - 15mph
7. A5115 Eastbound - Cheshire West and Chester - 15.3mph
8. A5115 Westbound - Cheshire West and Chester - 15.8mph
9. A5078 Westbound - Cheshire East - 15.9mph
10. A5078 Eastbound - Cheshire East - 16.2mph