EGGS left unattended in a pan sparked a small blaze at a flat above a hairdresser’s in Chester city centre this afternoon.
A couple who live in the flat above the Wayne Paul salon in Upper Northgate Street forgot the pan was on the hob and went out.
Firefighters, four wearing breathing apparatus, entered the building about 2.40pm on Thursday (September 29) where they used two hose reel jets to put out the fire. The hairdresser’s had to be evacuated.
Police closed the road to traffic while the incident was on-going. Afterwards firefighters carried out a home safety assessment at the property.