CHESHIRE Fire and Rescue Service has issued a warning to residents following a spate of fires involving tumble dryers.
A blaze at a house on Flag Lane in Upton shortly before 8am on Friday left a woman needing oxygen therapy after suffering smoke inhalation.
And crews from Wilmslow and Macclesfield were called out to a fire at a property on Knutsford Road, Alderley Edge just before 10pm on Saturday, September 26.
Firefighters are now urging people to take precautions to avoid repeats.
Phil Hales, head of community safety at Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “People can take some simple steps to prevent this sort of fire from breaking out.
“I would just urge people to ensure that they check their appliances regularly, make sure filters are always cleaned properly and never leave your home when the tumble dryer is in use.
“Also, as with all appliances, make sure you turn them off before going to bed.”
For further advice or to book a free Home Safety Assessment visit www.cheshirefire.gov.uk.