This website uses cookies. Using this website means you are okay with this but you can find out more and learn how to manage your cookie choices here.

Busy night for firefighters after Chester and Dodleston fires

Crews from Chester station called to separate blazes overnight on Wednesday

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service in action

Chester Fire Station had a busy night on Wednesday (March 17) after being called out to blazes in Chester and Dodleston.

A man was taken to hospital after breathing in smoke from a fire at his home in Church Road, Dodleston .

Another man was given first aid for inhaling fumes after flames lit up his kitchen in Christleton Road, Chester.

Engines from Chester station were first called out to the second floor flat fire in the city at about 11.50pm.

An alarm had alerted the man to the blaze in his kitchen, but he still needed treatment for smoke inhalation.

Crews are still at the scene in Dodleston after first getting another emergency call a few hours later at about 2.35am on Thursday.

Church Road in Dodleston(Image: Google)

The occupier was out of his bungalow when firefighters arrived, who then went in wearing breathing apparatus to put the flames out with water jets.

The area is still being damped down and an investigation into what started the fire is under way.

Related: Childer Thornton man taken to hospital after house fire near primary school

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "Smoke alarms can give people those extra vital minutes to get away from a fire.

"Make sure you have them fitted and test them regularly."

View full mobile page