This website uses cookies. Using this website means you are okay with this but you can find out more and learn how to manage your cookie choices here.

Aldford chimney fire caused by stuck bee's nest

As winter approaches, the fire service is urging people to have their chimneys inspected

Firefighters attended a chimney fire in Aldford on Friday night (October 16)

Firefighters had a buzz-y time of it on Friday night (October 16) as they battled a fire caused by a bee's nest which had become stuck in a chimney in Aldford .

Watch manager Chris Rodaway, from Chester Fire Station, said the 'huge flames' led local residents to believe Bonfire Night had come early.

Crews, who were called to the scene shortly after 10pm, spent around two hours fighting the blaze from below.

With colder weather taking hold, Mr Rodoway a warning to home-owners: "This is the time of year when people are starting to light their log-burners and fires, but we would urge them to have their chimneys inspected and checked."

View full mobile page