Exemplary students at The King’s School are celebrating after being accepted into some of the most prestigious universities in the country.
Two thirds of students at the Wrexham Road independent school achieved the top A* A and B grades, with 90% securing their places at the UK’s best performing academic institutions.
Outstripping last year’s results this year’s leavers amassed some of the school’s best results, with eight heading to Oxford and Cambridge and two achieving four A* grades.
An impressive 64% of the A Level grades King’s students achieved were awarded A* and A grades, while 21.6% gained the coveted A* grade.
Meanwhile, 43% of all the students received either A* or A grades in 3 or more A Levels.
Headmaster Chris Ramsey said: “I am thrilled for all our students who have worked very hard to gain this impressive set of results with the support of their teachers.
“I wish them every good wish as they now go to study the subjects of their choice at some fantastic universities and hope they enjoy the next stage of their careers.”
This year’s results saw 15 students achieve four A-levels, while 90% secured places at Russell Group universities.
Some of the high flyers include:
- Peter Boothroyd, of Treuddyn, who will be taking his place at Selwyn College, Cambridge and Henry Makings who will be taking an Oxbridge place, both achieved 4A*s.
- Jemimah Beardwood of Chester achieved 1A* and 3As, Guy Dunbavand of Christleton, 2A*s and 2As, and Jack and Tom Jameson of Tattenhall both achieved 3A*s and 1A.
- Hayley Milner of Chester got 3A* and 1A, Felix Morriss of Chester received 1A* and 3As, Esme Norman of Rossett, 1A* and 3As, Kieran Paterson of Chester achieved 3A*s and A.
- Jack Peake of Tarporley achieved 3A*s and 1A and Urbi Sen of Gresford got 4As.
Three further students gained four A Levels: Eleanor Barnard of Chester got 2A*s, 1A and 1B; Charlie Mayes of Marford got 3A*s, 1B, and Tommy Metcalf of Chester achieved 3A* and 1B.
Jessica Guest of Rossett, Cameron Winter of Chester, and Adam Young of Manley all achieved 3A* grades, and a further 25 students achieved 3A*/A grades.
Staff at the Chester-based school have praised the hardworking students who achieved a record number of offers rising to an average of 4.41 from a maximum of five.
Other students taking their places at Oxford or Cambridge in the autumn are:
- Jessica Guest, who will be attending Downing College, Cambridge, to study history;
- Tom Jameson, heading to Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, to study natural sciences;
- Hayley Milner, who will attend Jesus College, Oxford, to study law;
- Tommy Metcalf, who will study music at Worcester College, Oxford;
- Kieran Paterson, who will attend St Catherine’s College, Oxford, to study chemistry;
- Kartik Upadhyay (2013), who will study economics at Homerton College, Cambridge.
If you would like to add your son or daughter's success story to our King's School gallery, send us a photograph by filling in the form below: