With Mother's Day just over a week away it's the perfect time to reflect on the old mantra that 'Mother knows best' – especially when it comes to passing down beauty secrets.
There's no need to splash out on expensive skincare products when all you need to do is follow your mum's advice.
Here are our top ten tips passed down over generations from mother to daughter when it comes to looking after skin.
What your mum is always telling you...
- Always take your make up off before bed.
- Don't forget to moisturise your neck.
- Never open a can with your nails - always with a key.
- Always wear an SPF to protect from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Always wear rubber gloves when washing dishes – dry, wrinkly hands will make you look older than you are.
- Treat yourself to a facial once a month.
- Limit your weekly alcohol intake and don't smoke.
- A decent haircut goes a long way - never attempt to cut your own fringe!
- Don’t over pluck your eyebrows.
- Finally - smile! It cheers you up, hides any insecurities and lights up your whole face.