FIRE broke out at a home in Cuddington near Malpas on Christmas Day after a candle set the mantelpiece alight.
A woman was driven to hospital to be checked over after suffering from smoke inhalation.
The fire had been put out by Ashley Court residents before firefighters arrived, but the Malpas crew got to work using a positive pressure ventilation fan to disperse the smoke.
When the alarm was raised at 12.43pm, firefighters from Whitchurch put their turkey on hold to join the crew from Malpas.
However, they were stepped down before they arrived.
“The smoke alarm in the house was activated and the fire was put out before the crew arrived,” said a spokesperson for Cheshire Fire and Rescue.