THE borough council is hosting a special event for people who have recently been made redundant.
The free drop-in session, which takes place at Ellesmere Port Civic Hall on Tuesday, February 3 between 10am and 4pm, will offer practical support and advice on current work as well as training opportunities.
Visitors will also be able to speak face-to-face with advisors who specialise in helping job hunters take positive steps towards shaping their futures.
Advice on the day will include:
- How to update and refresh your CV.
- What skills you might need to change career direction.
- What to expect from an interview, and what to wear (find out if you are eligible for a free set of new interview clothes through the council’s Career Gear scheme).
- Transport options for getting to interviews and new employment.
- Help to start-up your own business.
- Benefits available until you find your next job.
Anyone looking for help can drop into the Civic Hall at any point during the day. For more information contact Sarah Davies on 0151 356 6637 or e-mail Sarah.Davies@epnbc.gov.uk