The clubhouse at Christleton Sports Club has bounced back from an electrical fire last June, thanks to the dedication of a group of volunteers.
The accidental fire burnt out before any serious structural damage was done, however, the lounge area was badly smoke damaged resulting in the need for a major refurbishment.
Thanks to the fantastic efforts of a group of club members the work to renovate the area, including the kitchen, has now been completed and the club is up and running once again.
A spokesperson for the club said: “Members would like to say a very big thank you to local businesses for their generosity and support.
“These include Forshaw Electrics, The Little Carpet Shop, Curtains By Design, Waverton, Howdens and Tile Giant.”
The Sports Club hope to continue to make improvements to the club in the future to support football, cricket and local functions in the area.