A 27-year-old man from Weaverham has been locked up for his part in an organised crime gang which 'brought misery' to communities across Cheshire.
Jonathan Murphy, of Walnut Avenue, was among nine men and one woman who were arrested following dawn raids across Northwich , Crewe, Manchester and Staffordshire nearly two years ago, in November 2014.
Around £220,000 worth of cocaine was recovered during the raids, which were the culmination of several months of tireless undercover work by Cheshire police .
Murphy and his fellow gang members were all charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs.
He pleaded guilty and was jailed for four years and six months at Chester Crown Court on Monday (September 19).
In total, the gang has received jail terms amounting to 34 years and 10 months.
Commitment to targeting drug activity
Following sentencing, Det Insp Giles Pierce said: “This group brought misery to residents across Cheshire through their involvement in the supply of illegal drugs and it is pleasing to see the sentences that have been handed down.
“Operation Impact shows the commitment that Cheshire Constabulary has in targeting people who undermine our communities and bring misery to residents through their involvement in organised crime and illegal drugs.
“I hope that this case sends out a clear message to other potential criminals that drugs crime will not be tolerated in Cheshire.”
Cheshire Police and Crime Commissioner David Keane has thanked all the police officers and staff who worked on the operation for their hard work.
What the other defendants were sentenced to
- Simon Camm, 29, of Marshfield Lane, Gillow Heath – 6 years
- Merold Stennett, 37, of Peter Place, Crewe – 4 years 4 months
- Raphael Barry, 33, of Wordsworth Road, Denton – 4 years
- Dean Ashely, 3 years 4 months of Heron Crescent, Crewe – 3 years 4 months
- Stephanie Rowley, 25, of Sunnybank Road, Crewe – 4 years
- Derrick Thompson, 29, of Wardle Crescent, Leek – 3 years
- Joseph Horton, 24, of YMCA, Gresty Road, Crewe – 1 year 8 months
- Danny Roberts, 28,of Richard Street, Crewe – 4 years
The sentencing of the final defendant, 32-year-old Christopher Wright, of Wiltshire Drive in Congleton, has been postponed for two weeks.
Anyone with any information about suspected drug related activity in their area is urged to call police on 101.
Alternatively, information can also be passed on anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.