Road resurfacing at The Cross and High Street in Neston as part of public realm improvements in the town centre have led to a full road closure for five days starting yesterday (Sunday April 13).
The improvements, funded from contributions by developers under legal agreements and Cheshire West and Chester Council, have been designed in conjunction with Neston Town Council, Neston and District Chamber of Trade and Neston Youth and Community Centre.
The closure is allowing carriageway resurfacing works to be carried out by contractor North Midland Construction.
The borough’s executive member for Localities, Cllr Lynn Riley believes the overall scheme will ‘make a positive huge impact on the town centre for all who visit’.
“We are working hard towards fulfilling our aim in Neston of improving the quality of the public realm for residents and visitors, enhancing the shopping experience and increasing footfall.
“We are committed to ensuring that Cheshire’s highways are safe and well maintained and we greatly appreciate local residents’ patience whilst the works are being undertaken,” she said.
- From and including Raby Road Junction down to Chester Road Junction.
- Whilst Raby Road junction is closed, Brook Street and Parkgate Road only will be kept open. When Raby Road is reopened, Brook Street and Parkgate Road will again be closed.
- Diversion: Liverpool Road, A540, Hinderton Road, Chester Road.
- Parkgate Road from Earle Drive.
- Access up to the works just after Church Street for residents and side road accesses will be fully maintained
- Diversion: Station Road, The Parade, Boathouse Lane, A540, Hinderton Road, Chester Road.
- Brook Street: closure from the car park access opposite Sainsbury’s access.
During the works and the closure of Brook Street the existing order for one way under the bridge will be revoked so that two-way traffic flow will be allowed back to Tannery Lane.
People are asked to ensure all vehicles are removed from the road during these dates and between 7am and 9pm.
Access for residents and emergency services will be maintained wherever possible.
For further information on the scheme please call 0300 123 7036 or visit www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk.