CONCERN has been raised about first aid for the public at Cheshire West and Chester Council’s prestigious HQ offices.
It comes after a public speaker became unwell while addressing a committee meeting.
Cllr Keith Butcher (Lab, Ledsham and Manor) said he was ‘shocked’ that a defibrillator was not on hand at the meeting.
“I am sure all of us were amazed, shocked there was not a defibrillator to hand in HQ.
“It is a brand new building with an all-singing, all-dancing council that moved in and claims to be at the foremost of local government.
“I think that is something that we should not be proud of.
“We should at least recognise that people coming to speak may in fact be under emotional pressure whatever their age and it is not inappropriate to allow them to sit down.”
Committee chairman Cllr Helen Weltman (Con) pointed out a chair was provided ‘and we have said that anyone who does come is allowed to sit down and they have that offer when they register’.