A man was rescued by firefighters after a blaze in a third floor flat in Ellesmere Port.
Crews used a ladder to get the man out safely and he was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital.
Firefighters, some wearing breathing apparatus, tackled the fire and four engines attended the scene along with an aerial appliance.
Exterior power and gas to the building was isolated while the incident was dealt with.
A fire investigation has been launched.
Did you see this incident? Tweet us @ChesterChron or let us know in the comments below.