AN ELECTRIC blanket blaze set a bedroom alight in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, November 5).
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a house on Pyecroft Street, Handbridge at about 2.45am to reports of a first floor bedroom fire.
A spokesperson said: “Upon arrival fire fighters discovered a upstairs bedroom alight. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were submitted with a hose reel to extinguish the fire, a further two firefighters were submitted to ventilate the property while the positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke.
“The thermal imaging camera was used to check for any further hotspots within adjacent properties and loft space.
“The two residents who lived at the property were outside, safe prior to arrival of fire service personnel, both of the residents were given oxygen therapy due to minor smoke inhalation. Smoke detectors were fitted at the property however the upstairs detector had its battery removed.”
An North West Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “A male in his 40s was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation but was not taken to hospital. A rapid response vehicle and an ambulance attended.”