A NEW survey released today reveals what women really want when it comes to the ultimate bikini body.
A NEW survey released today reveals what women really want when it comes to the ultimate bikini body. The poll of more than 1,000 women by Gillette Venus Embrace, reveals that Halle Berry’s face, Myleene Klass’ hair, Ursula Andress’ iconic white bikini, Kelly Brook’s chest, Elle Macpherson’s legs and Jessica Alba’s abs make up the Ultimate Bikini Goddess – ‘Haleene Macaldress’.
Based on these survey findings, Gillette Venus Embrace has created an image of the ‘Ultimate Bikini Goddess’, merging these celebrity features to represent what British women want to look like in a bikini this summer.
Since the bikini was invented in 1946, women have been inspired by iconic bikini bodies, and it seems today’s women hail curvier and even more mature celebrities as their ideal. When asked who they rate as the Ultimate Bikini Goddess of all time, Ursula Andress in Dr No topped the list with 35% of the votes, Brigitte Bardot came second with 28% and Helen Mirren secured a shock third place securing a quarter of all the votes (25%).
The survey also reveals that while women across the nation are preparing for their summer getaway, a staggering 97% are dreading the thought of revealing their bikini body. Women cited cellulite (27%), an untoned body (22%) and poor grooming on their bikini line (11%) as the top three barriers to having both inner and outer confidence in their bikini.
Embrace your inner bikini goddess
According to the findings, the number one factor to enable women to feel like a bikini goddess is inner confidence, so to help women bring out that inner confidence, Gillette Venus Embrace has partnered with celebrity stylist Holly Chaves to advise women on how they too can look and feel like a goddess in a bikini this summer:
• Make sure you use a top of the range razor for unsurpassed smoothness on the bikini line and other hard-to-reach areas – try the Gillette Venus Embrace, the only five blade razor for women that hugs every curve for dramatically smooth skin
• Don’t get carried away with bikini trends, it is more important to find the right cut and shape that flatters you the most
• A well fitting bikini with the right amount of support will take pounds off you, try specialist swimwear brands to get a good under-wired bikini top or check out stores that sell bikini separates
• Rather than opting for the usual sarong to cover up, get creative and up the ante with a gorgeous maxi dress, an oversized vest, a classic pair of denim shorts, or try an oversized men’s shirt for understated beach chic, a la Lohan
• Watching a girl a walk on the beach in a pair of heels can be an awkward sight. A great alternative to this is a fantastic pair of wedges – as they give you better balance and help you execute that perfect Bikini Goddess Strut!
• To avoid any bikini malfunctions or awkward slips, gracefully rise from a sun lounger by making sure you firmly press your thighs and knees together
• Looking like a goddess is all about inner confidence. When you’re strutting in your bikini, make sure you hold your head up, make sure your shoulders are down and relaxed and keep your back straight. Most important of all - make sure you smile!
For more expert tips and advice on feeling like a bikini goddess this summer, please visit www.gillettevenus.com/uk