Help! What's a girl to wear this autumn? Look no further than our special trend guide to the new season.
* FJORDIC HERITAGE – An easy look which is confident, yet comfortable. Layer knits with denim for a Scandinavian, nomadic style.
* GOODWOOD GIRLS – Ultimately feminine, a picture of polished innocence. Floral prints and mid-length skirts take centre stage in a nod to the 1950s.
* BAROQUE – Embrace the drama of baroque style in the evening with heavy fabrics, such as faux fur and leather, embellishment and intricate finishes.
* ANDROGYNY – Dip into your hubby’s wardrobe this season, then mix up the trends. Cross Teddy Boy with Psychobilly, or Mod with New Wave. This is a look for the bold and the brave.
* THE SIXTIES – The decade of free love is swinging once more, with Peter Pan collars and striking brights. Keep the look simple with structured shifts, houndstooth prints and minimal lines. Think ‘Jackie O’.
* THE COAT – Let your outerwear do all the talking this season, then you won’t have to worry so much about the rest. Go for a bold colour, such as this, or a sleek cut, and you’ll be laughing all the way to spring.
* THE SEVENTIES –
Fashion’s love affair with the 1970s continues from summer right through to next year. But the new edge for autumn/winter 2011 is the multitude of textures that give this vintage look a folklore edge.