Uninspired by the contents of your lingerie drawer? Whether you're a sexy singleton or loved-up spouse, February 14 is the day to ditch the boring daywear undies and indulge in some sexy new smalls.
Whether there's a new man on the scene or not, it's a fabulous excuse to indulge in some dress-to-impress gear.
Make your Valentine's night sizzle with super-hot new lingerie.
CELEB FASHION IDOLS: Cate Blanchett, Gwyneth Paltrow
The Romantic loves pretty but chic styles in this season's on-trend pale and interesting tones like oyster pinks, peaches and pale mushrooms.
Look for styles accentuated with delicate details that turn a simple bra into a masterpiece - pretty bows, sophisticated lace and feminine ruffles. If you're too modest to flash the flesh in a skimpy thong, consider a babydoll, teddy or silky negligee for Valentine's night.
TRY: Knickerbox True Love cami suspender, £30; Primark pink tutu mesh bra, £5, and matching thong, £5; Princess Tam Tam Mon Ange bra, £40, and suspender belt, £55, at Selfridges; Reger by Janet Reger silk floral bra, £22, and brief, £12, at Debenhams.
CELEB FASHION IDOLS: Daisy Lowe, Scarlett Johansson
The Sexy Siren attracts wolf whistles wherever she walks and demands attention in ostentatious, clingy or colourful styles that showcase her body to the max.
If you're feeling daring, boost that vampish appeal with provocative lingerie like peek-a-boo pants or plunge push-up bras. Suspender belts and stockings may also appeal to your Valentine's siren side.
For the ultimate in sex appeal, opt for bright jewel shades or playful leopard prints to bring out your inner animal.
TRY: Valisere Columbiana bra, £55, string, £27, and suspender, £39; Myla silk and lace leopard bra, £109, and short, £59; Simone Perele purple Muse push-up bra, £52, and thong, £29; Marks and Spencer Ceriso red basque, £22.50.
CELEB FASHION IDOLS: Dita Von Teese, Kelly Brook.
The Retro Pin-up idolises Hollywood icons like Marilyn Monroe and lives for vintage fashion. Their look is all about celebrating curves.
Fuller figured bosoms look their voluptuous best supported by a vintage-style full bra cup. Go for retro lace, velvet or bow detailing.
If you want to disguise a tummy, a retro-style corset or basque is the perfect option for boosting your best assets in the bedroom. Channel Dita's on-stage burlesque look by pairing your lingerie with black three-quarter length gloves.
TRY: La Senza Pussycat Dolls by Robin Antin Vintage diamante bra, £32, and brief, £15; Next black satin bow padded bra, £14, and satin bow shorts, £7; ASOS Boudoir floral print corset, £34.50; Wonderbra Platinum balconette bra, £25.50.
CELEB FASHION IDOLS: Agyness Deyn, Paris Hilton.
The Playful Seductress is childlike in nature and favours fun and colourful prints in her wardrobe.
You love to up the fun factor in the bedroom. Look for cutesy prints in cheeky fruity styles like cherries or strawberries, or engage your romantic side for Valentine's Day with hearts.
Contrast colours and surprise clashing prints like stripes and spots are a great option for you.
TRY: Floozie by FrostFrench silk spot balcony bra, £17.50, and hipster pant, £8, at Debenhams; DSista Shei gingham cherry print bra, £26, and brief, £14, at Figleaves; F&F at Tesco Charmed black and pink heart print bra, £8, and thong, £3.
Guys, if the puzzling world of balconettes, basques or bras is giving you frown lines, you're not alone. Impress on February 14 with your superior lingerie knowledge. Boutique lingerie company Myla (www.myla.com) have these top tips:
- Remember the three golden rules - size, shape and style - and you're halfway there.
- If your partner's more Dolly Parton than Kate Moss, a fuller bra that supports her best assets will fill her with confidence - and earn you brownie points.
- If she loves to dress up in the bedroom, let your imagination run wild with more provocative styles. But if she's the coquettish type, go for something ultra-feminine that will make her feel fabulous and girly.
- Comfort is key. If you don't already know her size but don't want to ask, take a sneaky peek in her underwear drawer. Check the labels for her bra size (a number and letter combination, such as 32A or 36C) and her knicker size. As a general rule, if she's a dress size 8, she'll need extra small, small for a dress size 10, medium for a dress size 12, and large for a dress size 14.
- When choosing colours, look at her wardrobe to see what shades she normally favours. If you've never seen her wear red before, don't buy her red underwear. If in doubt, black is always a flattering option.
- Keep in mind that you're buying lingerie for her, not you - but get it right, boys, and you'll reap the benefits.
Debenhams: 08445 616 161/www.debenhams.com
Knickerbox: 0845 4562320/www.knickerbox.com
La Senza: www.lasenza.co.uk
Marks and Spencer: 0845 302 1234/www.marksandspencer.com
Myla: 08707 455003/www.myla.com
Next: 0845 600 7000/www.next.co.uk
Simone Perele: 0208 332 3060
Tesco: 0845 50 55 55/www.tesco.com/clothing
Valisere: 01793 720232/www.valisere.com/shop-uk