Have alien life forms visited Ellesmere Port?
A report has disclosed that a total of 30 unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings were reported in the region over a 10-year period, two involving the town.
The Ministry of Defence (MoD), which stopped counting sightings in 2009, received a report that on Saturday, November 14, 2009, seven to eight bright orange flame lights were seen in the sky over Ellesmere Port.
It was not believed they could be a plane or a helicopter and there was no noise.
The lights moved fast and then disappeared.
In Wirral, on Friday, August 7, 2009, six to seven bright orange lights were seen moving down the peninsula from Birkenhead to Ellesmere Port. Again there was no noise but a second UFO was seen five minutes later.
Separate reports on the internet mention a huge flash that made the sky light up orange and yellow towards Cheshire Oaks and ‘exactly 20 orange balls’ moving east to west across the Ellesmere Port area. Some moved faster than others as if trying to ‘catch up’ to the main group.
Another sighting on the Cheshire side of the Mersey refers to a huge white object disappearing at a tremendous speed upwards and out of sight.
The MoD says that nationally it received reports of 1,999 UFO sightings between 2000 and 2009, when counting stopped.
Nine people specifically mentioned aliens, or ‘something alien’ about their UFO sighting.
It is argued that 95% of sightings can be explained while the remaining 5% are simply unidentified and are not classed as visitors from worlds light years away.
When recordings ceased in November 2009, ministers were told that ‘in more than 50 years, no UFO sighting reported to [MoD] has ever revealed anything to suggest an extra-terrestrial presence or military threat to the UK’.
The records can be seen in The National Archives.